Surgery was a Success!!!
We got up today at 6am and got ready to go to the hospital. We dropped Catherine off with Tami, for which we were very grateful for her help, then we were at the hospital at 7:15am for the surgery that was scheduled to get started with the paper work and whatnot at 7:30am. Did blood work? Yes they said it was blood and it was good. (*mutters* bloodsuckers.) This was done in Pre-Op. As well as sticking me with an IV. I must be bad luck, since the first nurse could not stick me on my left arm. "Third times the charm." But I don't think that it is charming to be stuck more than once to get a IV needle stuck in my arms.
So after getting hooked up and doped up Stephen had to go wait in the waiting room. Which was not so bad (according to him) as he was able to do his homework for school online. Then Dr. Watt came out and spoke to Stephen and said that there where 6 large stones in the gallbladder. He was happy to report there was no inflamation or any complications with the surgery. Basically a good report.
So while Stephen was waiting they nurses took me from the Pre-Op to the OP waiting room where they gave me my first dose of sleepy medicine. Then I saw got to see my doctor for the first and last time for surgery. Then they took me to the OP room.
I got a mask put over my face where they said take deep breaths. After I was out they told me they would then put a breathing tube down my throat incase there were any complications. Better to put breathing tube in while the patient is fine then durning an emergency. Anyway it was a standard procedure.
When I woke up I had a breathing mask on with no tube. For the next little while I had blurry vison and was fading in and out of conciousness. I remember ten or so people asking if I was pregant, have a baby and breast feeding. The answer everytime was No, Yes, No.
I then was take to a Post OP room where I met back up with Stephen. I watched a movie that I did not stay awak for. Then later the nurse gave me my prescriptions and was to take deep breaths while I was still not very awake. I would dose off and the monitor recording breathing would go off when I started to go to sleep instead of working on breathing deep.
After the fifth time they gave me oxygen through the noise. This is the tube that goes behind the ears and in front of the noise. Then I went to sleep. The nurse then had me get up later and walk around the Pre and Post hallways. The nurse was very impressed that I was able to walk quickly for a person out of surgery. She said the only other person to walk faster was a 98 year old man who practically ran out of the hospital. So I was in good company in my recovery rate. Others usually were twice as slow and where in pain.
Yey for high pain tolerance!!! Thank mom and dad for good genes!!!
When I got home since I was off the IV I got nausiated. I was a little sick, and been sleeping on and off. Every hour I have to walk around for five minutes to get the gas or air out of my belly. (Oh, got to breath in my breathing machine again so I don't get pnemonia.)
Ok, I am going to go lay down now. That is what happened and I am doing ok for now.
Night Night.
(Off to bed turned out the lights)
2 comments:
Wonderful, I am glad you are doing so well. Yep! You have that high pain tolerance. Aren't you glad for that? Love you, Mom & Dad
I'm so glad you're no longer going to be stoned. Gee wiz- IV's twice in a year. You must be lucky! High Pain tolerance? Yes - I believe you do. How else do you explain the complete absence of ticklishness?
Post a Comment