Today we went to take catherine to have tubes put in her ears. She was very good for all the nurses to take readings. I think it is very unfair that children get to wear tops and bottoms and us adults have only a top to wear. They also put her ID tag around her ankle. How cute is that.
Surgery took a whole 15 minutes. 5 for anesthesia and 10 for her to start waking up. They brought her to us as soon as she started waking up. We had her sippy all ready for her and she snuggled and drank her sippy for the rest of the stay.
After we got home and she was able to settle down, we turned on her favorite movie, WALL-E and she went straight to sleep (for about a half hour). She has been up and playing/complaining the rest of the day.
5 comments:
I wish I could give her a grandma magic spell and make it all better...you got to love it....looks like she was a real good girl....love it!
I am so excited for her to start really hearing things around her now. She looked so cute in her hospital bed, poor little thing.
What a sweet kid.
When I had surgery recently, the nurse actually gave me bottoms too, so that was a nice surprise. Never mind that they looked like old man bloomers.
I'm glad she did so well! We did the tubes thing with Breanne--the coming out of anesthesia thing was the hardest part for her (and us, as she was so disoriented and wouldn't stop crying for like 20 minutes), but it was so worth it--when she started noticing the little sounds around her, I knew we'd made the right choice. I didn't know you guys were to this point--the ear infections leading up to tubes are definitely no fun.
th first pic with her littl ankle tag is th cutest pic ever. sad but adorable. shes so tiny it jus makes yu want to hug her forever <3
Post a Comment